The 662Pay Trial has been extended to the 30th June 2017.
These Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) apply to the 662Pay Trial, due to take place from 1st February 2017 to 26th March 2017.
Only invited participants can take part in the Trial. In consideration for You participating in the Trial and answering the survey questions, Your travel will be charged at 50% of normal fares while travelling on the 662 Bus during the Trial Period.
In these Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- "662 Bus" means the buses operated by Keighley Bus Company on bus route number 662 between Keighley Bus Station and Bradford Interchange;
- "662Pay System" means the Becotix system that identifies journeys made, calculates fares and keeps record of participant funds;
- "Account" means the 662Pay Account registered to the App on a participant’s Smartphone;
- "App" the 662Pay application for Android Smartphones downloaded from the Playstore;
- "Best Value" means Your journeys will be charged at the lowest possible price;
- "Braintree" means Braintree Payments, a division of PayPal, which will transfer money between You and Us, including any refunds;
- "Lollipop" means the Android 5.0 version of the Android mobile operating system;
- "Partners" means Our partners providing this Trial: (i) Becotix Limited (company number 09638060) whose registered address is at Sheffield Technology Parks Cooper Building, Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NS; (ii) Keighley and District Travel Limited (company number 02605399) whose registered office is at Prospect Park, Broughton Way, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 7NY trading as Keighley Bus Company;
- "Playstore" means the digital distribution service provided by Google used to download the 662Pay App;
- "Ride" means the Ride button on the App screen which You will press before boarding a 662 Bus to generate a Ride Pass on Your Smartphone screen;
- "Ride Pass" means the Ride Pass screen on Your Smartphone which you show the driver of the 662 Bus;
- "Smartphone" an Android Smartphone with Lollipop or newer operating system;
- "Sync(d)" means synchronisation of data between the App and the 662Pay System, which requires Your Smartphone to be connected to the internet;
- "Trial" means this 662Pay Trial which allows You to travel on a 662 Bus using a Smartphone;
- "Trial Period" means 8 weeks from the commencement of the Trial, planned for 1st February 2017 up to and including 26th March 2017;
- "We" or "Our" or "Us" means West Yorkshire Combined Authority, whose principal office is at Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 2DE and Partners as the organisers of this Trial;
- "You" or "Your" means the person invited to participate in the Trial who shall be subject to these Conditions, and shall be a passenger on the 662 Bus subject to PCV regulations, local bye-laws and the conditions of carriage of Keighley Bus Company
- All expressions used in these Conditions are not meant to exclude or refer to any one gender in particular, nor to refer only to the singular where the plural is appropriate and vice versa.
- Clause headings shall not affect the interpretation of these Conditions and are for convenience only.
During the Trial Period, You agree to:
- retain a minimum of £5.00 (five pounds sterling) credit on Your Account to enable You to begin travelling each day excluding the last day of the Trial Period.
- report to Us within seven days after travel any problems with journey fare transactions. Queries of journeys older than seven days will be investigated, reviewed and rectified if required and reasonably practicable to do so;
- connect Your Smartphone to the internet via Wi-Fi or a mobile data link. 662 Buses have free Wi-Fi which can be used for this purpose. The App will not Sync and generate a Ride Pass if You have not connected to the internet for the previous two days;
- reasonably participate in pre and post-trial surveys; and
- at all times act in a manner that is non-threatening, courteous and respectful whilst participating in this Trial. For the avoidance of doubt, We reserve the right to exclude You from the Trial if You breach this clause 2.1(e).
- The App is free to download, however, data charges may be incurred from Your network provider. You are responsible for any such costs. For the avoidance of doubt, We will not be responsible for any network connectivity issues that You may experience.
- You must have a Smartphone capable of downloading and running the App from the Playstore with a Lollipop or newer operating system. The Playstore will check the Smartphone and software version when You request a download of the App.
- Your Smartphone must Sync with the 662Pay System every two days. This can be over either a Wi-Fi or a mobile data connection. The App will automatically Sync once an internet connect is made as long as you are not travelling on the 662 Bus or near to a bus stop/stand used by the 662 Bus. If Sync does not occur, You will not be able to use the App to travel as it will not show a Ride Pass screen.
- If for any reason Your Smartphone is excluded once the Trial has commenced, You will receive all incentives due up to the date of exclusion and We will refund any remaining credit on the Account.
The following smartphones are excluded from the Trial, however this list may be amended at Our discretion during the Trial Period:
- Microsoft Windows phones;
- Blackberry phones; and
- all other non-android phones.
During the Trial Period We shall use reasonable endeavours to:
- respond to any issues reported by You through the support line as soon as practicable;
- rectify any issues with the App within Our control;
- notify You as soon as soon as practicable of any changes or amendments to the Trial;
- process refunds to You when required within a reasonable timescale.
- Should You experience any problems using the App, We can be contacted through MetroLine on 0113 245 7676, or email at email@example.com. Should you have any queries regarding fares and charges specifically, support is available through MetroLine Monday to Friday 09:00am to 4.00pm.
- We will endeavour to solve problems during Your initial call. Any queries that are not resolved will be passed to the support team for resolution. Should any query about journey payments not be resolved at the first contact, then the issue will not be subject to the seven day cut-off in clause 2.1 (b)
- Your travel will be charged at 50% of normal fares while travelling on the 662 Bus using 662Pay during the Trial Period.
- You will register on the App using the email you signed up with and set up a means of payment using a debit card, credit card, or PayPal account. Payment details will not be retained by the App or by the 662Pay System. Payment details will be held by Braintree for audit and refund purposes only.
- You will be charged accordingly with reference “Keighley Bus Company”.
- Your money will be held until You have completed Your travel using the App each day. A charge will then be paid to the bus company as fares.
- Any funds over 50p left at the end of the Trial Period will be refunded to the last bank account that You made a payment from. For the avoidance of doubt, We will not deduct any other fees or other unrelated charges. Any funds under 50p left at the end of the Trial Period will be donated to the Candlelighters, a Yorkshire charity supporting children with cancer and their families, the charity supported by Keighley Bus Company in 2016. If you wish for this donation not to take place then please contact Us.
- Your Account balance will be debited at the end of each working day, or as soon as the data has been Sync’d and processed.
- You have seven days after travel to correct journey details and receive any applicable or additional charges. The seven days include days where the Smartphone may not have Sync’d.
- You can check all journeys made and applicable charges from the App. The list of transactions may not be up to date, depending on the time of day and when the App was last Sync’d.
- You will receive the Best Value fare for travel on the 662 Bus. Day and week (7 day) cap charges will apply. This means that once the value of Your travel reaches the cap amount for a day and a week, no further charge will be applied for that period.
- 6.8 Best Value day caps will be equivalent to the K day ticket prices. Weekly Best Value caps will be equivalent to the K card 7 day ticket price.
Validity and Travel
- The App will only be accepted on the 662 Bus service for the Trial Period.
- The App cannot be substituted for other travel tickets or used on routes other than on the 662 Bus.
- Only single and return fares will show on the list of journeys on Your Smartphone and contribute to Best Value fares.
- A week will start from the first journey and last for seven consecutive days.
- A return journey is the next journey in the opposite direction of travel of the original journey. Return journeys of a longer length than the outbound journey will be calculated as a single journey.
- For travel purposes day tickets start at 00:01 (1 minute past midnight) and end at 00:00 (midnight) the following day.
- You will need to push the Ride button on your Smartphone screen a few minutes before getting on a 662 Bus. This will generate Your Ride Pass to show the driver. In the event that You have not connected to a data or Wi-Fi connection to Sync before starting a journey, (this could take several minutes), Your Ride Pass may be delayed and You may be unable to use the App to travel on the first 662 bus. For the avoidance of doubt, only push the Ride button just before getting on a 662 Bus;
- The App will automatically Sync when a Wi-Fi or data network is available. All 662 Buses have Wi-Fi and charging points, so once You have joined the on-bus Wi-Fi network, the App will Sync automatically in the background whilst You travel.
- The balance and travel history on the App will only be up to date to the last Sync with the system. as long as you are not travelling on the 662 Bus or near to a bus stop/stand used by the 662 Bus During the Trial there may be extra processing going on in the system so there may be delays before the App catches up on transactions.
- You shall ensure that some other form of payment is available during travel in case the App fails to work. Should there be a problem with the App, We will use reasonable endeavours to contact you by email as soon as possible, to inform You of the same and of any possible rectifications. Full details of any problems should be reported to the support line.
- You will be required to show the Ride Pass to the driver or ticket inspector when required by them. Your Smartphone must have sufficient battery charge to be able to display the Ride Pass to the driver upon boarding and if requested, to a bus official throughout the journey. If you fail to present a valid Ride Pass screen, the driver of the bus will not be obliged to allow you to travel using the App and You may be required to purchase a cash ticket in order to travel. If this occurs then please contact Us.
- The App is non-transferrable and can only be used by You as the registered participant in the Trial. It is locked to the registered Smartphone to which it has been downloaded to and cannot be copied, sent or transferred to another device.
- Multiple passengers cannot board with simultaneous activated Ride Passes on one device.
- We reserve the right to terminate without refund any App Account which is believed to be misused.
- Any journeys that have been activated accidently or which have been downloaded to Smartphones which have subsequently been lost or stolen may be refundable at Our discretion.
- We reserve all copyright, intellectual property rights and other rights in the App and to any information, idea, design, computer program, database, textual, graphical, or other material comprised in the App or otherwise provided by Us in relation to this Trial. This material may not be reproduced or copied by any means whether electronically or not without Our prior written consent.
Termination and Withdrawal
- We reserve the right to terminate the Trial at any time during the Trial Period. Should this occur, You will be notified by email or text as soon as reasonably practicable. Any remaining funds on Your Account will be returned to You within 30 days from the date of the termination of the Trial. Notwithstanding this, We will not be liable in respect of any delays howsoever caused in returning the funds but will use reasonable endeavours in respect of the same.
- We reserve the right to terminate or amend the Trial and these Conditions in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of god or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation outside Our reasonable control. Any changes to the Trial will be notified to You as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You can withdraw from the Trial at any time by contacting Us either by telephone or email. We will respond to You to ensure that the withdrawal request is genuine and will ask for Your feedback on Your experience. Your Account will be frozen and any credit in the Account will be refunded to You.
You agree that We shall not be liable for any claims, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses and losses arising out of Your participation in the Trial, including but not limited to:
- direct or indirect loss of income or profit;
- loss of use of the App;
- direct or indirect loss of business or missed opportunities; or
- any events outside of Our reasonable control.
- Our maximum liability to the You under these Conditions will be the balance on Your Account on the date any dispute is settled
- Nothing in this clause shall be construed to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or any other liability which by law cannot be excluded or limited.
Data & Privacy
- Personal data collected for the Trial will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will solely be used for the Trial and any follow up.
- Travel data will be anonymised and shared with Our Partners for the purposes of the Trial. All other data will be deleted after six months.
- We will not share Your registration details or telephone numbers with any other parties, but We may use the details to contact You for surveys that are included as part of the Trial.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and Account details, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under Your password or Account.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By entering into this Trial, You confirm that You have read and agree to be bound by these Conditions.